Garlic Butter Filet Mignon
The most delicious, tender cut of meat, cooked to perfection and topped with garlic butter. Perfect romantic dinner for two.
- 4 6 oz Wholesome Meats Filet Mignon
- 2 teaspoons course sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup grass-fed butter softened
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme destemmed
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely diced
Remove filets from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Unwrap and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, lightly coat skillet with olive oil. Place filets in the hot pan close together but not touching. Cook without moving or flipping until seared, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and sear other side for about 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Worcestershire sauce to deglaze pan. Add sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Spoon pan sauce over filets and move to oven to finish cooking to the desired level of doneness.
Remove from oven. Immediately add garlic butter to the top of each filet. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and serve.
For the Garlic Butter
In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately.