All the delicious flavors of a gyro without the mess – this Mediterranean dish is full of bold flavors and ready in thirty minutes. You can easily customize this healthy dinner to suit your preferences and the leftovers make for the perfect lunch.
Mediterranean Beef Greek Bowl
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb Wholesome Meats Ground Beef
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 2 cups cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp beef broth
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 3/4 cup cucumber diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup purple cabbage chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- feta or parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet or cast iron pan, add garlic and onion, cook until translucent and aromatic, about 2-3 minutes
- Add ground beef, cook and crumble until browned. Spice with garam masala, oregano and salt.
- In a small pan, heat together rice, turmeric and broth.
- Serve hot rice in 2 large bowls, top with beef mixture, hummus, cucumber, tomatoes, cabbage, olives and cheese. Enjoy!