This easy Instapot recipe is a quick way to make a deliciously rich, meaty sauce that tastes like it simmered all day. You can make it paleo or Whole30 by serving it over zucchini noodles! With this recipe you get a nutritious, versatile sauce packed with flavor that you can use in a variety of ways.
Instapot Grandma’s Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 lbs Wholesome Meats Ground Beef
- 1 32 oz. can organic fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds optional
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- Set Instapot to saute. Heat olive oil, add garlic and onion and cook until translucent and aromatic, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook and crumble until browned.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, Italian seasoning, chili powder, fennel and red pepper flakes, honey and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and seal the lid. Make sure the valve points to “sealed”. Cook on High Pressure for 14 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes once cooking cycle is done, then twist valve to release any remaining pressure.
- Serve over pasta, zoodles or spaghetti squash and enjoy!