Instant Pot Best Ever Beef Stew
- Instant Pot
- 2-2/12 lbs stew beef or beef chuck roast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lbs baby potatoes, halved, about 4 cups
- 1 1/2 cups carrots roughly chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When it's hot, add your olive oil and then your stew meat. Sauté your beef until browned, stirring constantly (about 2-3 minutes) Add onion, peas(or celery), and minced garlic to the Instant Pot. Stir until onions are becoming translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes. Once done press the cancel button to stop sautéing.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar in the Instant Pot first to deglaze the bottom. Use a spatula and scrape up any bits that caramelized and may be stuck after sautéing. Add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Seal the Instant Pot. Set it to Pressure Cook(or Manual, depending on the model Instant Pot you have) on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, natural release pressure for at least 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with chopped fresh herbs if desired.