The most delicious, tender cut of meat, cooked to perfection and topped with garlic butter. Perfect romantic dinner for two.
Garlic Butter Filet Mignon
- 4 6 oz Wholesome Meats Filet Mignon
- 2 teaspoons course sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup grass-fed butter softened
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme destemmed
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely diced
- Remove filets from refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Unwrap and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, lightly coat skillet with olive oil. Place filets in the hot pan close together but not touching. Cook without moving or flipping until seared, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and sear other side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add Worcestershire sauce to deglaze pan. Add sprigs of rosemary and thyme. Spoon pan sauce over filets and move to oven to finish cooking to the desired level of doneness.
- Remove from oven. Immediately add garlic butter to the top of each filet. Allow to rest for 10 minutes and serve.
For the Garlic Butter
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately.