Looking for a simple, hearty one-skillet meal to start your day off right? Our Beefy Breakfast Skillet is perfect for using up those leftover vegetables and meat that may be cluttering up your fridge.
Beefy Breakfast Skillet
- 4 red potatoes quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup yellow onion diced
- 1 lb Wholesome Meats Ground Beef
- 1 tsp salt-free garlic seasoning mix optional
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2-4 eggs
- 2 tbsp basil or cilantro chopped
- sea salt & fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- sour cream and/or hot sauce optional
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes roast, heat olive oil in a medium skillet or cast iron pan, add garlic and onion, cook until translucent and aromatic, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook and crumble until browned.
- Spice with seasoning mix, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add roasted potatoes to skillet.
- Add spinach to skillet, stir and cook just until the spinach wilts.
- In a second small skillet, fry eggs in butter or ghee.
- Divide beef and potato mix into two bowls for serving.
- Add eggs on top and garnish with basil or cilantro.
- Serve with sour cream and/or hot sauce, if desired.