Bibimbap is a classic Korean dish comprised of mixed rice with vegetables, served in hot bowl or cast-iron skillet. The sizzling dish caramelizes the rice and forms a perfect crust on the bottom, which tastes fantastic against the ground beef.
15-Minute Skillet Bibimbap
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger grated or very finely minced
- 1 lb Wholesome Meats Ground Beef
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp aminos or soy sauce
- 2 cups cooked sticky or white rice
- 3 scallions finely sliced
- 3 tbsp cilantro finely minced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame or hemp seeds
- 2-4 fried eggs optional
- chopped cucumber, radishes or shredded carrots optional
- Heat sesame oil in a medium skillet or cast iron pan, add garlic and onion, cook until translucent and aromatic, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger and ground beef, cook and crumble until browned.
- Add red pepper flakes, maple and aminos.
- Cook until beef is piping hot.
- Remove from heat and top with scallions, cilantro and sesame or hemp seeds.
- Serve over rice. Top with fried eggs and/or veggies, if desired.